if the judge in my divorce case is having an affiar with my wife’s lawyer, what can I do?

Asked on August 31, 2011 Texas


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Oh my goodness.  Do YOU have an attorney?  If you do not then you need to get one as soon as possible.  Like yesterday.  And you need to have the attorney make a motion to have the judge recuse - voluntarily step down - him or herself from the case.  generally speaking an attorney asks the judge first courteously before making a spectacle of the matter.  And any good judge would have stepped down already so I am not sure that that is going to work.  SO they may have to formally request it in a motion.  You absolutely can not let this matter go any further here.  Get help. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.