What to do if the hose at a gas statoion broke off from the handle in my hand spilling several cups of gas on my pants, down my leg and into my shoe?

They took an accident report, what should I do? What should I expect? My Pants and shoe smell and my leg burns even after washing.

Asked on September 7, 2012 under Personal Injury, California


Leigh Anne Timiney / Timiney Law Firm

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If you feel you have an injury or a burn from this accident, you should see a doctor immediately.  Making a report was a good first step.  If you feel your clothes and shoes are ruined from the gas spill, you can certainly ask for reimbursement for those items from the station.  If you have an injury which requires medical attention, you are also entitled to reimbursement for your medical bills and pain and suffering related to that injury.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.