If the foreclosure on my house was reversed because of lender fraud, how do I get the keys backand what rights doI have?

The title is back in my name.

Asked on September 21, 2011 under Real Estate Law, Arizona


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If the real property you are writing about is in your name per a court order or other document recorded with the county recorder's office in the county where it is located, then you are its legal owner and can do what you need to do to gain access to it.

I would forget asking for the keys from whomever may have them in that you have no idea who may have access to your property. I would call a locksmith and have all new locks and keys installed on your home for security reasons.

You'll feel a lot safer with new locks knowing that no one else has access to your property other than yourself.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.