The fault party insurance company deny my claim

My car got T bone during car accident
Police came and conclude the accident as other
party’s fault
However after couple days the fault party insurance
deny my claim and saying is my fault

What can I do to ?
And my car insurance doesn’t have collision

Asked on July 6, 2017 under Accident Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

You sue the other driver. His insurance company's denial is not a legal or binding determination: it is simply their opinion that for some reason, they dont' think they need to pay your claim; therefore, they are not voluntarily offering you anything--all offers made without you suing and winning are voluntary, so the insurer can decide to not make the offer. (Note also that the police's opinion is not a binding legal determination, either, though it can be very useful evidence of fault; therefore, the insurer or a court is not required to find the other driver at fault simply because the police did.)
Your recourse then is to sue the other driver; if you can prove in court that she was at fault, then you can get a judgment requiring her to pay for your provable losses or damages. At that point, the driver or her insurer should pay. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.