Wht to do if the father of our children had his license suspended due to non-payment of child support?

He went to a judge to have it reinstated and he has a process to get his license back which includes a lump sum payment and new monthly payments. He has made the lump sum and now has requested the mom goes to the clerk of courts to have the license reinstated, and which is quicker than waiting for the judge. I would you recommend doing this?

Asked on January 25, 2013 under Family Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that a stipulation and order be prepared by your husband and signed by the mother of the children concenring the child support issue stating that all payments have been made with a request therein that the driver's license be immediately reinstated. The document should be signed by the parties and submitted to the court for filing and signature by the judge.

I suggest that a family law attorney assist in getting the paper work drafted quickly as suggested.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.