The company I work for hire men for more money We do the same job ?also I found out a few people less time then me are making more ?

Is there anything I can do besides quitting?

Asked on August 14, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, Ohio


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 2 years ago | Contributor

You can file a sex- or gender-based discrmination claim with the federal EEOC (Equal Employmen Opportunity Commission) or your state's equal/civil rights agency. It is against the law to pay men more than women for the same job, unless there is a non-sex/gender-based reason for it (for example, it just happens that the men in question have more experience or better credentials). So you have a claim you can take to the appropriate government agency for investigation and assistance.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.