If my wife is 8 months pregnant so she could not travel to my home country due to her medical situation, canI extend my stay until the delivery?

Visa extensions (L1/L2 )rejection.

Asked on November 7, 2011 under Immigration Law, Hawaii


SB, Member, California / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

What is her current status in the US?  Is she a visitor or a L-2 nonimmigrant?  As long as she is in the US lawfully, you can apply for an extension and explain the circumstances surrounding the need to request such an extension.  There is no guarantee that it will be granted but as long as the request is pending, she is permitted to remain in the US.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.