Sponsoring my ex-husband

My ex-husband is a citizen of South Korea. We are going to remarry but I want to immigrate him to the U.S. I do not want to move back to South Korea. We were previously married in South Korea, however divorced in the U.S. We have 1 son who is 3 years old. What would be the proper course of action to follow in our situation? Should I file for a fiancé visa?

Asked on October 10, 2017 under Immigration Law, Michigan


SB Member California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 3 years ago | Contributor

I think I have already submitted a response to this question to you so this appears to be a duplicate question.  PLease feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional questions regarding the process or need assistance with the process.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.