Sin ce my mom passed away in 2011, I have went through severe depression.

I cancelled her directtv account back in Oct 2012 and opened up an account in my name. I told them I only wanted the basic service and they said I would get the entertainment package for free for 3 months. I said I dont want it. Then yesterday I saw they billed me for the services I didnt want. Also they keep sending my mom bills every month. This is causing me more emotional distress and increasing my depression from her passing. What can I do?

Asked on January 23, 2013 under Personal Injury, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

The best way to resolve the matter that you have written about is to personally speak to a representative with Directtv to try and resolve the matter. If the matter is not resolved to your satisfaction then you can pay the bills sent, cancel the service and then sue the vendor in small claims court.

If you do not, you will continue receiving the bills for payment.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.