Should I plead guilty or not guilty to possession of alcohol appearance ticket?

Asked on July 16, 2014 under Criminal Law, New York


Richard Southard / Law Office of Richard Southard

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

This question cannot be answered absent additional facts.  Without knowinfo the facts of the case, the plea bargain being offered, your life situation etcetera no attorneys opinion will be helpful. Seek a free consultation with an experienced attorney in your area to discuss in further detail. 

M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You don't give any details as to your situation. That having been said, before you go to court you should at least consult with an attorney who is experienced in these typse of cases. They can best advise you once you go over the details of your case. Even if you choose not to retain them, for an hour or so of their time consulting with them would be worthwile. The fact is that they they be able to get the charge dismissed on a technicality, etc.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.