Should I go to the police after leaving the scene from a fight?

I got into a fight at work and during the fight I cut the person numerous times with a blade when he came at me. He was taken to the hospital and the cops came but I ran from the scene. Should I go to the police and render an account of what happened?

Asked on July 16, 2012 under Criminal Law, Texas


Russ Pietryga / Pietryga Law Office

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You should contact an attorney immediately.  It sounds like you are in serious trouble.  Do not say or do anything until after you have retained an attorney. (Period)!!!!!  If you cannot afford one, the court will appoint one for you.  The only person you should talk to is your attorney.

Hope this helps

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.