What to do bout sexual harrassment by my landlord?

I have a landlord that is making me feel extremely uncomfortable by rubbing my arm and talking about sex everytime I go to pay rent. What are my options as far as sexual harrassment and what would the consequences be for me?

Asked on June 24, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Georgia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

With respect to your overly demonstrative landlord I would personally speak with him/her about how uncomfortable you are concerning the touching and talk and follow such up with a letter keeping a copy of such for future use and reference and hope that the conduct ends.

If the landlord retaliates against you, you should consult with a landlord tenant attorney with respect to what your options would be such as a restraining order.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.