Hello. I have a job. And very often
,when we are employees getting a
paycheck, we are missing some money. I
mean, we are calcutating our salary by
ourself and see a different amount in
paycheck. For example,i must get
1000,but in paycheck 800. Its happens
very often, with almost any employees at
work. And we are going to talk about
missing money with manager.
Why it’s happens? Is it company
hope,that employees not checking how
much they must to get or somebody
calculating our salary incorrect? What
we can to do,because i am really tired
track my money every single day,do notes
how much i made in day. Because its not
my job,track and calculate my salary.

Asked on May 19, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, Arizona


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 2 years ago | Contributor

If the matter is not resolved with your employer, you can sue your employer for breach of contract / account stated.  Depending on the amount you are owed, you may be able to file your lawsuit in small claims court.  Your damages (monetary compensation you are seeking in your lawsuit) are the amount you are owed.
Upon prevailing in the case, you can also recover court costs which include the court filing fee and process server fee.

M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 2 years ago | Contributor

You have several options here. You can sue you employer in small claims court for all missing moneywage , you can file a claim with your state's department of labor or you can contact an employment law attorney. If shorting your paychecks has gone on for a while and is happening to you and all of your co-workers, it might be best to consult with a lawyer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.