If I was rear-ended by a semi-truck going 45 mph and I sustained whiplash, a concussion, a bulging disc and my vehicle was totaled, what would my claim be worth?

Asked on November 10, 2012 under Personal Injury, Utah


Leigh Anne Timiney / Timiney Law Firm

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

I am very sorry to hear about your accident.  It is not possible to give you a value of your personal injury claim through a forum such as this.  There are many facts that we would need to know about your case before we would be able to begin to evaluate it.  You have some significant injuries.  A personal injury claim is meant to compensate you for your medical bills, lost wages, permanent injuries and pain and suffering.  Without knowing all of the facts of your case, it is not possible to give you a fair answer here.  I would strongly suggest you contact a personal injury attorney in your area.  He or she will be able to hear all of the facts of your case and give you a fully informed answer as to what your legal options are at this point and what your claim may be worth.  Handling a personal injhury claim on your own can be difficult.  They are time consuming and exhausting.  I would strongly suggest you consult with an attorney to assist you.  Most personal injury attorneys offer free consultations and work on a contingency fee, meaning you have no out of pocket attorney fees until your case is settled.  Good luck to you.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.