Son on QC but will not sign off. Owner or granter (mother) wants him off – w/o suing him what can she do? Daughter is on QC & that is ok, she lives with & is care provider – Mother wants her to have 100%.

Asked on June 29, 2009 under Estate Planning, Minnesota


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I'm not a Minnesota attorney, and the law and procedure can be different from one state to another.  In most states, mother might be able to take the son to court, to get his name taken off, if he never contributed to the purchase of the property or taking care of it (mortgage, taxes, etc.).  However, if mother isn't still on the deed herself, there might be a problem with that.

Reliable advice can only be based on all of the facts, and there's obviously a lot more to this story that would need to be considered.  One place to find an attorney in your area, who can work through the details for you, is our website, http://attorneypages.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.