questioned about something that did not happen nevr convicted let g1996 guard got mad at me said i would regret it now i can not go home to my family

Asked on June 28, 2009 under Criminal Law, Colorado


M.S., Member, Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Although I do not practice law in the State of Colorado, it appears that you need to provide additional facts in order to obtain the advice that you are seeking.  First, on what basis are you being prevented from seeing your family?  On whose authority?  What are the consequences of you attempt to see your family?  Are you currently incarcerated?  Second, who questioned you, and how is that interrogation related to your inability to see your family at this point?  The general rule is that you have a constitutional right, protected by the first amendment, to familial association, which is also protected by your constitutional right to privacy.  However, without additional facts, as stated above, it is impossible to advice you with respect to the appropriate course of action to take to remedy this situation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.