What to do if I was divorced 13 years ago butfailed tofile a QDRO back then?

I was divorced but did not file a QDRO for pension benefits. My salary increased so my potential pension payout increased. I’m planning on retiring in about a year and want to know when I do the QDRO is the amount owed to my ex determined? The divorce agreement states 50/50 split. Is the 50% split based on the original estimates?

Asked on March 2, 2012 under Family Law, California


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.