Can we get out monry back if we purchased a new custom built concession trailer that did not make it home with out things falling apart?

When we picked up the concession trailer it had some little issues, we were given the opportunity to leave and come back another day. Because it was so far away we decided to take it. We stopped at the first rest area and a bolt had came out of the refrig holding it to the L bracket. Which caused other safety brackets to bend. By the time we made it home the refrig had tipped over. They agreed to take it back and fix it and I asked since they were taking it back if they would address the other issues I had mentioned before we left. They said custom built meant it would have flaws.

Asked on July 5, 2012 under Business Law, Arkansas


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

No, custom built does not mean it will have flaws.  It means that it is built to your particular specifications.  It also absolutely does not mena that it will be flawed, custom or not.  This is obviously a possible breach of agreement/contract and you should speak with an attorney about the matter as soon as you can.  They need to understand what your rights are here.   Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.