probation is trying to violate me over a u/a for alchol that is over 2 weeks probation never involved alchol what are my options?

Asked on July 1, 2009 under Criminal Law, Texas


J.M.A., Member in Good Standing of the Connecticut Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

I am a lawyer in CT and practice in this area of the law.  A probation violation generally occurs when you get arrested for something new.  It does not matter that the underlying charge had nothing to do with alcohol.  Probation conditions usually say that you must obey all the laws of TX including those in other states.  You need to hire a lawyer to deal with the new charge and the probation violation hearing.  You may be able to make a deal that gets you out of doing time in jail.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.