PPO over….Person keeps calling and showing up at my door..VERY afraid of him….won’t leave unless sex is involved….

Asked on July 3, 2009 under Criminal Law, Michigan


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You need to not let him in,  and call the police.  If you need a new protective order, please get one.  The laws are there so that you don't have to live in fear, but you have to act to get help.

And if he has forced you to have any sort of sexual contact with him, that's a very serious crime, and something that needs to be reported immediately.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.