What do I have to do to get document stating I am POA for my mother?

I am already listed as first successor on Living Trust and I am on all of her bank accounts as POA.

Asked on November 1, 2011 under Estate Planning, Arizona


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

It sounds like you are doing some estate planning here with regard to your Mother.  It is a very good idea to plan ahead for all circumstances.  You need to ask yourself what is the reason that you wish to obtain the Power of Attorney.  Is it for all general purposes?  Is it to perform a specific task at this time (like to transfer real property)?  Is it for health care for your Mother should she become incapacitated or not able to make decisions on her own?  There are different types of Power of Attorney forms.  You happen to live in a state whose Attorney General's Office has placed on their website an estate planning set iof dicuents.  I am going to give you the link to the site which will also give you some insight in to the reasons that I asked you the questions above as well as information on the types of POA's avaiable.  The POA must comply with Arizona Law to be valid so using this link is your best bet  Good luck.    http://www.azag.gov/life_care/

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.