How to get owed wages?

I’ve worked for 2 months but every week my wage was never right. I asked and asked for them to fix it but all I got was,

Asked on May 18, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, Kentucky


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 2 years ago | Contributor

You can either sue or ex-employer in small claims court for the amount due you as well as court costs and/or you can file a wage claim with your state's department of labor for what is owed you and possibly additional amounts as provided by specific state law.

S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 2 years ago | Contributor

You can sue your former employer for breach of contract / account stated.
Your damages (monetary compensation you are seeking in your lawsuit) are the amount you are owed.  Depending on the amount you are owed, you may be able to file your lawsuit in small claims court.  Upon prevailing in the case, you can also recover court costs which include the court filing fee and process server fee.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.