What to do if our foreman enter their own time and one of them put in for 160 hours for the week but the mistakes wasn’t caught in time?

He took the $6000 check and left. Is there something legally we can do to get that money back?

Asked on April 9, 2015 under Employment Labor Law, Colorado


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

1) You can sue him for the money: what he did is a form of theft, and theft is a tort, or a wrong for which you can sue for compensation.

2) You can also report him to the police, since what he did is a crime as well as a tort; it is possible that he may make restitution (return the money) as part of a plea deal and/or his sentence.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.