opened a business with 3 family members and they are trying to cut me out what kind of lawyer do i need?

we opened 13 years ago just found out they went behind my back and made legal documents for them 3 saying they was legal owners and cut me out we have 50 employees,16 trucks and a commercial shop what kind of lawyer do I need?

Asked on May 23, 2016 under Business Law, Kentucky


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

You should retain an attorney who handles business law.  The attorney should have experience in litigating fraud cases which is what occurred when the family members produced documents claiming they were the legal owners and excluding you.  You have a strong case.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.