One of my church members son was killed in a car accident he was the passenger.What kind of lawyer does his mom need ?

Asked on June 9, 2009 under Bankruptcy Law, Tennessee


S.J.H., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

She should get a personal injury lawyer who specializes in wrongful death cases. Fatality cases are very difficult and may result not only suing the driver of the car which he was driving in, but the other driver as well as a manufacturere if there is an issue as to a defective car part. Not every personal injury attorney will take cases or can handle cases regarding a fatality so make sure that she looks for someone who has expereience with these type of cases.  

N. K., Member, Iowa and Illinois Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

She needs a personal injury attorney.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.