Old lender needs my signature on application and HUD after loan has been closed. Do I provide them a signature that is back dated 2/19/09?

I received an email from my old lender after the loan has been sold to another lender in April that it is required for me to sign the loan application and HUD. I closed in March with having those two items signed. The old lender has stated that I signed a compliance agreement but that was signed at closing as well. I have viewed the document the old lender sent and it is different from my redisclosure paper I received prior to closing. Do I have any obligation to this old lender? Also, the documents are back dated to 2/19/09 prior to my closing date. Do I have a case of realestate fraud?

Asked on June 27, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Maryland


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Oh boy.  This occurs often and most state's banking and mortgage brokering and lending laws consider this fraud and an unfair and deceptive trade practice.  What you should consider is the following:

Contact your state's banking dept and file an inquiry or complaint.  Here is the link: http://www.dllr.state.md.us/finance/

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.