Not being played minimum wage

I work in LA county at a golf course
with way more than 26 employees and our
current check on july 20th 2018 is
paying us 11 dollars an hour not the new
minimum wage of 13.50 along with this we
haven’t been receiving the correct
minimum wage for the entire last year
because it should have been 12

Asked on July 20, 2018 under Employment Labor Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 2 years ago | Contributor

The first and easiest thing to try is to contact your state's department of labor, which is known as the Labor and Workforce Development Agency, to file a wage and hour complaint; that agency enforces your state's labor laws. If not satisfied by the help you get from them, you could sue the employer for the money, either as your own attorney ("pro se") or through a lawyer. If many of you were effected, you may wish to either jointly file a complaint with the agency (since a larger case will tend to get faster and more attention from them) or to joinly hire a lawyer (to spread the legal cost).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.