If my wife was picked up for DUI but has not had her first hearing yet and in 6 weeks we are supposed to take a 5 day cruise, how can we get permission to go?

She has bonded out. The cruise is paid for.

Asked on July 20, 2014 under Criminal Law, Florida


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

First you need to hire a lawyer.  Next, review the bond and bail conditions about leaving the country (I am assuming that the cruise is outside the US). If permission is needed the lawyer will know.  Next, look at the restrictions of the country or countries you are visiting about letting her IN while there are charges pending. That could also be an issue. Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.