What can I do if my wife took off out of state with my kids when I was at work after I told her not to take them?

What can I do to get the kids out of their living conditions there?

Asked on July 18, 2012 under Family Law, Virginia


Brad Micklin / The Micklin Law Group

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

In New Jersey, you have two options: one is to file a motion in the family court seeking the immediate return and possibly change of custody and two is to file criminal charges for parental interference with custody rights.

In my experience, many parents are reluctant to file criminal charges for parental interference but it is something must consider. The police have a greater and faster ability to enforce custody issues that I Family Court  may.

you should speak immediately with an experienced family attorney.

Brad Micklin, ESQ.
187 Washington Ave.
Nutley, NJ 07110
973 – 562 – 0100
[email protected]

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.