What to do if my wife needs paperwork signed in order to be appointed legal representative for her son’s estate but his father is refusing to sign documentation in order to file the petition?

Can you advise what we can do at this point in the game?

Asked on February 21, 2013 under Estate Planning, South Carolina


Victor Waid / Law Office of Victor Waid

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Wife needs to file a petition for her appointment as a guardian ad litem to protect the assets of her son's estate or for the appointment of a financial fiduciary to guard her son's estate. Seek a probate attorney that specializes in conservatorships/guardianships to assist you. Do Not Delay.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.