What can I do if my wife is taking my2 boys from me and my house?

My wife is leaving with the kids today. I own my house but am unemployed. Can she just up and leave?

Asked on November 4, 2011 under Family Law, Florida


Alan Smith / Tallahassee Legal Counsel

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

This is parental kidnapping, which is technically a crime. You have a few different options. I would suggest talking to a family lawyer, and reporting her to law enforcement. If you are in the Tallahassee area, I would be glad to help. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.