What to d if my wife is not allowing me to talk with my daughter?

She is forcing me to sign divorce paper. My daughter is in India and is a US citizen.

Asked on November 15, 2012 under Family Law, Virginia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If your wife will not allow you to speak with your daughter pending your marital dissolution proceedings I suggest that you consult with a family law attorney to give you guidance as to how to proceed. Possibly a petition with the court seeking what you desire is in order against your spouse so that you can have contact with your child.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.