What to do if a wife is under guardianship as a legally Incapacitated adult and her guardian has placed her in a care facility that is totally unsuitable for her?

She has tried to take this back to court but the guardian got to the judge before her and the judge would not here her case. What would happen if she refused the adult foster care home and just left and returned to her home with her husband? there is no court order saying she has to be in a AFC home.

Asked on August 28, 2013 under Estate Planning, Michigan


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Based upon what you have written about you need to contact your local department of social services and make a complaint with respect to the person that you have written about. The department will then conduct its own investigation as to what you have written about.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.