If my van was hit in the front yard of my house but the driver’s insurer will not pay to fix my vehicle, what can I do?

Asked on October 13, 2015 under Accident Law, South Carolina


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

Your only recourse is to file a lawsuit for negligence against the at-fault party.  Your lawsuit should name the registered owner and the driver as defendants if the registered owner and driver are different individuals.
Your damages the amount of compensation you are seeking in your lawsuit would be your property damage cost of repairs to your van.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.