my supervisor got me fired cause we no longer have a sexual relationship. what can i do?

Asked on May 20, 2009 under Employment Labor Law, Florida


B. B., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You need to talk to an attorney who has experience at employment discrimination suits.  One place you can look for qualified lawyers is our website,

If you can prove that you were fired because you broke off this relationship with your supervisor, he is guilty of sexual harassment.  If you win, you may be able to collect back pay, front pay (if you can't find another job that pays as well), and more.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.