What to do if my son, who is in kindergarten, was hurt from another student in the classroom?

He had to get 4 staples in his head in the result of the incident.I don’t want to do anything against the school, they handled everything properly. I want to know what I may be able to do against the parents? At this time my child has been bullied by this other child at daycare and then at school and resulting into his injury. Since this has happened I was at a new employer and lost job over it. Is there any legal standing I can do against the parents until I find new employment and the pain and suffer my child has had to go through?

Asked on November 15, 2013 under Personal Injury, Ohio


Maury Beaulier / MinnesotaLawyers.com

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Much more would have tio be known about the situation.  However, you may be able to collect any out of pocket medical expenses for the injury.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.