If my son’s car was hit in an accident but the insurance company has been slow in resolving the situation, would having an attorney expedite the process?

My son was re-ended last month. He was not at fault and the car was deemed totaled. The insurer of the other driver has claimed responsiblity and agreed to pay for the vehicle and medical expenses. The insurance company has been difficult to deal with.

Asked on August 20, 2014 under Accident Law, Arizona


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

If your son was injured in the accident you should definitely hire a personal injury attorney.  Especially when people are rear-ended and need chiropractic care, insurance companies fight paying for anything and claim the injured person's injuries were not caused by the accident or are being exaggerated.  A personal injury attorney will work on a contingency fee bases, so you will not have to pay anything until s/he recovers for your son.  It will be well worth it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.