If my son’s grandfather passed away but my son’s father is unwilling to provide a copy of the Will, what is the first step rhat my son must take?

The estate is large, not sure what was left to the grandson or what he is entitled to have. The grandmother is deceased, there is only one child and one grandchild.

Asked on July 11, 2012 under Estate Planning, Florida


david slater / david p.slater, esq.

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If the will was filed for probate, you can see it at the court house in the county where the decedent lived.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.