What to do if my son’s father has been a dead for 13 years but I only just found out?

He passed away a couple weeks ago. How would I contest his Will and payout of his life insurance policies so my son gets included?

Asked on March 21, 2012 under Estate Planning, Wisconsin


Hong Shen / Roberts Law Group

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Was he or wasn't he dead 13 years old? You also said he was dead two weeks ago. Why do you want to contest the will?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.