What can we do if my son has to felonies for drunk driving but he wasn’t driving?

A friend was and was pulled over. Before the police came to the car his friend slipped out through passenger side and left my son. My son had to open window to officers on driver’s side, which made him guilty. Now my son has 2 criminal records that he didn’t deserve. He’s been charged and his career ended. What can I do to reverse this? I want to sue the parents of this child who endangered others and left my son to pay for his mess.

Asked on December 7, 2013 under Criminal Law, Arizona


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that your son immediately consult with a criminal defense attorney over the situaiton that he has gotten himself in. Ine in your community can be found via attorneypages.com. The situation that you have written about demands a good criminal defense attorney to assist your son.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.