If my son has been arrested on a probation violation and the next hearing is 20 days away but there is no bond set, can he get a bond hearing set before the hearing?

Asked on February 2, 2016 under Criminal Law, Florida


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Any attorney, private or public defender, can obtain a bond hearing for your son.  Public defender's offices tend to be understaffed and a little slower at getting hearings.  So...if you want to get something done sooner for your son, then hiring a private attorney for your son might be his best option.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.