What to do if my son fell today off the top of a bunk bed in a furniture store?

I was standing right by the bed and there was no sign not to try the bed. Once he got on the top bunk he grabbed the railing to lay down and it was connected. He fell 5 feet to the floor head first. As I am carrying a screaming and bleeding 3 year old over to the bathroom which was on the other side of the store, none of the 10 plus employees asked what was wrong or even acknowledged us. The only thing they did after I had my son in the bathroom for ten minutes bleeding was come in with a cup of water and take my name and number. They said the manager would call me tomorrow. They didn’t offer to call an ambulance or tell us to go to hospital or anything.

Asked on November 3, 2013 under Personal Injury, Iowa


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Based upon what you have written about, I would make sure that your son was seen by his pediatrician about the incident. Afterwards, consult with a personal injury attorney in your locality as to what legal recourse your son may have. One in your locality can be found on attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.