my shift supervisior sexually harrased me and I told one of my managers about it and then I went to the store manager and she laughed and did nothing

about ir. Then after that I am being pulled into the office for a bunch of repramands that dont seem fair. What can I do?

Asked on June 15, 2009 under Employment Labor Law, Michigan


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

if your being sexually harassed and your employers are doing nothing about it but seemingly punishing you for having spoken up about it I strongly urge you to seek legal counsel. I would suggest finding a local attorney who specializes in this type of action. Tell them the whole story, what the harassment was who you told what happened who is involved etc.

Once you explain the entire situation they will be able to decide if you seem to have a valid cause of action. If you do than together you can decide how to proceed. But it seems you attempted to handle it internally and the employer failed to help you so it would be in your best interest to seek outside help. good luck

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.