What to do if our JOD stated that the house be given to my ex-spouse butmy name still on the mortgage and she hasn’t refinanced as per court order?

I deeded it over to her and she is to attempt to try and refinance each year, with proof of attempting. She has just remarried and both are living in the house that has my name on mortgage. Can I now attempt to have her refinance since she now has the means to refinance. The new spouse makes considerable income.

Asked on March 4, 2012 under Family Law, Michigan


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.