What to do if my mother says that she is Trustee to my grandfather’s will but the Will does not show her at the Trustee?

We requested a copy of his Will from the Clerk of the Circuit Court. It does not state she is the Trustee. I know in my grandfather’s Will some money was to be used for my club foot (birth defect). She says no money is left. I am now looking at a surgery my foot doctor says I need. My mom used the money for her daily expenses (food, utilities, etc.) Can I do anything? I do not think she has handled the money correctly and now there is no money left? She was not honest when she reported expenses to the lawyers.

Asked on February 28, 2012 under Estate Planning, Illinois


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.