If my mom was a passenger on a motorcycle that got T-boned by another vehicle that was at fault and she was injured, what can she do?

My mom severely injured her back and neck.

Asked on September 11, 2015 under Personal Injury, Virginia


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You say the other vehicle was at fault if that is the case, your mother can sue the driver of the other vehicle and also the vehicle owner, if the owner is not the same person as the one who was driving and had permitted or allowed the driver to drive owners are responsible for the actions of those they let drive, since the at-fault person in a motor vehicle accident is liable, or responsible for, the injuries and damage he/she causes.
Your mother can potentially recover her medical expenses her lost wages or reduction in earning potential, if any and, if she experiences as she seems to significant, long-lasting disability or life impairment, some amount for "pain and suffering."
From what you describe, it be well worth your mother's while to consult with a personal injury attorney about suing. Many such attorneys provide a free initial consultation to evaluate a case your mother can ask about this before making the appointment many will also work on "contingency," which means that they only get paid if your mother wins money they get a share of what she wins.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.