What to do if my merchant service company breached my contract by charging my bank account 3 different fee’s that I should not have had within the last 2 months?

They caused many overdraft fees on my account and will not pay them- the bank will not help and has threatened to close my account.

Asked on October 28, 2015 under Business Law, California


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can sue the merchant services company for breach of contract to recover all costs and fees that you have incurred due to their actions. If the amount at stake is less than the limit for your small claims court, suing in small claims, acting as your own attorney ("pro se") may be a good option. A party to a contract can be held liable for the damages, costs, or losses caused by their breach of the contract.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.