My license has been finacial suspended by a insurance company. Is there a statue of limitations for that situation?

I need to get my license back. I cant afford to pay the bill to the insurance company. I don’t know if I have to declare bankruptcy to get rid of the suspension. Is there another option? It has been almost eight years since the accident. I would like to start my life financially and become like everyone else. Please help. I live in Illinois and that is where the accident took place.

Asked on June 30, 2009 under Accident Law, Illinois


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Well, you certainly don't want to put yourself in financial turmoil.  What you should consider is consulting with an attorney in your state who handles insurance and drivers matters.  Try and check his or her record at the Illinois State Bar.

At the very least, consider the following:


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.