What to do if my license is suspended in another state for 2nd degree trespass and failure to appear on that charge?

They tell me I have to appear but I live out of state now and cannot go. Is it possible to plead guilty and pay fine through the mail?

Asked on September 27, 2013 under Criminal Law, North Dakota


Stan Helinski / McKinley Law Group

Answered 7 years ago | Contributor

Don't believe so-- in fact, if you are arrested in Mass for whatever reason, you can be held without bail until the other state comes and gets you.  

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.