If my landlorad is charging outrageous amounts for repairs on my move-out sheet, can I demand invoices for the work?

Asked on May 31, 2012 under Real Estate Law, Colorado


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

Yes, of coure.  If you dispute the charges charged  - wich I am assuming is coming out of your security deposit - then you have a right to see the actual bills for the work.  You may have to wait until all is said and done and sue him for the security depsoit.  It will then be up to him to prove the costs as well as the damage.  Lookn up your local laws as well.  Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.